NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SPORT MEDICINE (NASM) CERTIFIED PERSONAL TRAINER (CPT).
The Palo Alto Fit NASM CPT preparation course is an in-person guided study for one of the most respected national Personal Trainer certification available. As a student, you will learn the necessary information required to pass the NASM CPT Exam and transform your passion for health and fitness into a rewarding career as a personal trainer.
Our eight-week, in-person course facilitated by our experienced instructors will guide you along your educational journey answering questions and providing expert insight not available from online options. You will be guided chapter by chapter through the NASM Essentials of Personal Training curriculum in preparation for the exam. This in-person experience will also provide you with the opportunity to connect and learn alongside fellow students as you progress from student to certified trainer.
EIGHT WEEKS NASM CPT EXAM PREPARATION COURSE
WHEN: Saturday’s March 17, 2018 – May 5, 2018
TIME: 12:00 – 04:00 PM
WHERE: Palo Alto Fit – 401 Lambert Ave, Palo Alto, CA
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Nervous, Skeletal, Muscular, Endocrine, Cardiorespiratory System
- Metabolism and Bioenergetics
- Human Movement Science
- Fitness Assessment
- Flexibility, Cardiorespiratory, Core, Balance, Plyometric, Speed, Agility, and Quickness, Resistance Training concepts
- Program Design and the NASM Optimum Performance Training (OPT) Model
- Exercise Modalities
- Physical and Functional Limitations
- Nutrition and Supplements
- Clients Interaction and Professional Development
THE NASM CPT EXAM
- Candidates are allowed two hours to answer 120 questions.
- 20 of the 120 questions are for pre-trial research purposes and not scored.
- A candidate must receive a scaled score of at least 70%.
- In 2016, 21,933 candidates took the NASM-CPT exam and 40% failed the test.
NASM CPT EXAM BLUEPRINT
- Basic and Applied Sciences and Nutritional Concepts 17%
- Assessment 18%
- Program Design 21%
- Exercise Technique and Training Instruction 22%
- Client Relations & Behavioral Coaching 12%
- Professional Development, Practice and Responsibility 10%
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Current Emergency Cardiac Care (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Certification prior to sitting for the exam (not required before course).
- Attendance at all weekly seminars (total 8-times / 32 hours).
- Self-study of all the material provided.
- Passing of all provided quizzes and practice tests.
- Experience in a related form of physical activity.
- Passionate about fitness, health and well-being.
TUITION & FEES
$2,950.00 which includes:
- NASM CPT Exam fee ($500).
- NASM Essential of Personal Training 6th Edition – 698 pages book ($80).
- 32 hours of instruction (theory, practice and tests).
- Presentation for each chapter highlighting the essential content for the exam.
- Four hours of personal trainer shadowing (observe in a real environment).
- Access to a team of personal trainers who will guide you through your journey.
- Access to a test center to test your knowledge every week.
- Essential summary for exam.
- Final exam preparation test.
- Final exam at PSI Test Center (San Jose or San Francisco).
THE FINE PRINT
- $1,500 deposit to register and reserve your spot. The balance to be paid prior to the first session.
- No refund after the first session.
- Limit of 12 students per course.
The key objective of Palo Alto Fits’ preparation course is to provide participants with the tools required to pass the NASM CPT Exam – We want you to succeed within 2 months!!
NEED FURTHER DETAILS
Please call Nina and arrange an appointment to provide further information and answer any questions. (650) 411.0347. We also have additional Personal Trainer shadowing programs and workshops available.
*NASM (Trade Mark) and OPT (Trade Mark) are registered trademarks of the National Academy of Sports Medicine.